Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Not Having Fun
This is the quilt that I am beating my head against. I'm so attracted to the idea of the color shifting thing, but I find it so difficult to do. I'm not subtle enough, perhaps.
Well, after studying Carol Taylor's quilt, I decided to start mine out with pink as the pastel instead of yellow. And I already knew I didn't have any white, but I have a grey scale I ordered online a while ago, so I thought that would be good. But as I worked, I just felt so doubtful.
I guess seeing what I did yesterday, in pictures, makes a difference. It looks a little better than I thought it was. Next I will make some red and orange squares with less grey. As you can see, I was fooling around with connector blocks: the squares with little squares. It's hard to get them all the same size, or it was for some reason.
I wish we were together for this one.
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (34)
- What I bought today Kona cottons were on sale at ...
- Not any of these are my colors ...
- Those Crocheted Leaf Pins
- The Complex Tomato Sauce
- This will be my night table. I will probably chang...
- The Day's Accomplishments
- Not Having Fun
- My new window covering I found a bigger piece of ...
- And further on in the day...
- Click on this to get the full thrill of the shape...
- Pink and Green with a little Yellow
- ▼ November (16)