Friday, February 28, 2014
The first image is before I cut the thing down. It seemed to make the central motif look skimpy, so I took away the bottom several inches, which emphasized the motif more.
Adding the detail strips and dots were more appropriate to the scale. I chose the fabrics for their dynamic color changes, but now I don't care for the color scheme, which seems all over the place. O well. I don't like maroons or golds all that much. There is iridescent gold silk in the stripes under the middle section and at the very top, which is more effective in reality. Doesn't show up in the photos too well.
I don't have a title yet, but this is another in the Stack series, and I did that folding the edges back/adding the backing later thing, and I am loving that finish. So sharp and crisp, and of course no turning inside out or trying to get those pointed corners to look nice. In this case I didn't use a pre-fused cotton for the back. I just cut the backing and fused an inch of fusible on the outer borders to make it stick. Getting rid of dopey fabrics this way.
Posted by Melody Johnson at 11:47 AM
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Here are the yarns I have chosen for your Baktus Scarf. It will take all four balls to make the right length. This is just an evening's knitting, so if you don't like any of these colors, I can start over.
The contrast yarn is darker and has dark green, and darker reds/olives. The shot of oomph is red, orange, purple and blue, with some greens mixed in, and the two balls of main color are reds, pinks, and greens.
Posted by Melody Johnson at 6:16 AM
- ► 2015 (18)
- ▼ 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (34)