As you can see it is much longer than most of the vests I have made. I used one size larger needle to make this happen and I could reduce the length easily by removing the last set of diamonds.
Brooke and Mel's site
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
I started this yesterday and by bedtime I was sure that I had veered down the wrong path. The multi-brown-gray was way too red and the variegated yarn that I used with it was too light and would draw attention to itself and would be right at your middle. So I ripped it out, and decided to keep to grays and cream at the end.
I have the most yarn in the darkest gray and will use that for the sides (underarms) and keep the diamonds in stripes up the fronts and back.
Posted by Melody Johnson at 2:07 PM
Sunday, November 27, 2016
The first one has been brightened and the second one has not. Your choice.
As you know you can click on the image and it enlarges, twice.
Below the first one done in Photoshop and the second in Pinterest. I could clean that one up a bit more. Of course in Pinterest I am cropping and that squares up the sides. Won't work with an uneven quilt.
Posted by Melody Johnson at 6:32 AM
Thursday, November 10, 2016
The finished jacket length is 33" which I am guessing is going to grow a bit due to the partial cotton content of the Taiyo yarn.
I used 4 Taiyo at $18 each and 8 Poems at $9 each = $144 USD + postage to your address.
Posted by Melody Johnson at 5:46 AM
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
The first shot is with the sleeve extension and the second is the shortened version.
Posted by Melody Johnson at 1:11 PM
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
- ▼ 2016 (9)
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (34)