I have to write this down before I forget. It was soooo good. And, you might want to make it yourself.
Pasta with Chicken, Zucchini and Lemon Thyme Cream
Pound 2 chicken breasts with meat tenderizer until they are 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pan fry in a little olive oil until nicely browned on both sides. Add 1/4 cup white wine and let it cook down to a brown syrup. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Add another 1/4 cup white wine to pan, stir to incorporate chicken drippings and remove from heat.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water.
Cut 1 medium zucchini into matchsticks. Add to pan the chicken was cooked in and put on low heat.
Drain pasta and pour 1/3 cup heavy cream into pot. Add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Grind some black pepper into cream. Return pasta to pot and toss in cream.
Cut chicken into paper thin slices. Spread pasta on platter, place chicken on top, and layer with zucchini. Sprinkle with more lemon zest, some whole thyme leaves, and shaved parmesan cheese.
I was so hungry I couldn't make this fast enough, and then I gobbled it up. The lemon and thyme flavors are very subtle and the zucchini was the best I've ever had with the chicken drippings and wine flavoring. Wow, it was so good.
I'm going to start labeling our posts so we can find stuff later. How about calling this one food?
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (34)
- The Brain and the Vacuum Cleaner
- Christmas photos
- Your Request is Granted Jolly Jolly Hallway White...
- First the mess I have to clean up... Kitchen, ...
- A Better Idea I had planned to make the seat co...
- The rest of my room. I put the other pieces on the...
- Before the paint version I took this shot bef...
- Tree Decorating and Cleaning...
- The Chair Makeover I hated the zebra striped ve...
- Finished the first stage of quilting. I did bind i...
- 53x59" before quilting. No title yet.
- I got this outta the garage and will repaint some...
- ▼ December (13)