I am showing you the backing fabric which is hand dyed, in multicolors including turq and blues and purples and greens. Old old old fabric but just the right thing for this piece. It turned out that I added a bit more of a border on the right side this morning before I quilted it. Finished size 54x58"
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Finished the first stage of quilting. I did bind it and will eventually hand quilt the looser areas, which are sagging a bit here. On the left the orange area shows the lack of quilting. I think hand work will be done while watching tv in the future. But I wanted to get onto the next project tomorrow, covering the dining room chairs and making the chair backs too. This week has gone by so fast!
Posted by Melody Johnson at 7:17 PM
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (34)
- The Brain and the Vacuum Cleaner
- Christmas photos
- Your Request is Granted Jolly Jolly Hallway White...
- First the mess I have to clean up... Kitchen, ...
- A Better Idea I had planned to make the seat co...
- The rest of my room. I put the other pieces on the...
- Before the paint version I took this shot bef...
- Tree Decorating and Cleaning...
- The Chair Makeover I hated the zebra striped ve...
- Finished the first stage of quilting. I did bind i...
- 53x59" before quilting. No title yet.
- I got this outta the garage and will repaint some...
- ▼ December (13)