Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Chair Makeover

I hated the zebra striped velvet on the seat, but not because of the color, but because it was not easy to shift around in the chair. The fabric put a brake on movement. I needed slippery-er fabric for the seat covers. So I got some Royal purple satin ($5 a yard) and stapled the new seats today. I had planned on doing something to cushion the backs and never could come up with a plan. Then I looked through some Mary Englebreit Magazines and one idea seemed to work for me. I of course changed even that idea, and put heavy batting in the the back panel.

Posted by PicasaThis is the upside down view of how this is kept in place. A small placket with real small buttons and button holes. The other buttons are both front and back on the back padding. All mother of pearl.
I have one more day alone until Dave returns. He needs to be here. He cramped in IKEA today with his sister. 30 minutes of being down on the floor. Oy.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors