Sunday, May 24, 2009

The End of an Era

IMG_8001

IMG_8103

image

I did it. I finally finished hanging all my previously stored quilts on hangers. All that could fit in this garment moving box and in the closet. Not one more piece could go in either place. The bag is semi-full of old unfinished work, work from other artists,like Brooke, and strange bits of stuff that I really should throw away. The storage box holds almost double what is you see on hangers since they are smaller and therefore two could be squeezed into one hanger. There are more small quilts in Rubbermaids, and on shelves, walls and on couches and chairs about the house. I estimate the total to be near 200 pieces.

This is my moratorium. I am not making any more quilts. I’ve done what I wanted to do and now I feel the need to move on to other artistic pursuits. Painting probably.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors