Friday, July 29, 2011

Vintage Nancy Crow


I have always loved PARTS of this quilt, and think it was overworked, overdesigned and over busy compared to her later work when she was obviously not trying so hard.
Look especially at the stripes and then see the solids anchoring the design.
 This one is an improvement over the first Lady of Guadalupe. It is so much less busy. Love the colors and think I could use my stripes effectively with solids like this.
I am so unused to using prints...
  Beige??? She just had to use that fabric.
This is the supremo beauty, and while she pieced her stripes and made a huge work, I will use printed stripes in place of pieced ones and see what I can do with something similar. These are after all 40 years old already!
Mel



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors