Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finished Product

I wanted to let you have first look before I post this quilt. I think I need to get a little distance from it before I price it; it was such a long, dragged-out process to get it quilted that I feel I want to charge $500 for it, but that'll never sell.

Ojos de Dios
39" x 35"

I did wind up having plenty of trouble with frayed edges again - but not until I was quilting it. I suppose I'm manhandling the quilt too much as I force it under the sewing machine and stuff. I trimmed quite a bit of the frayed parts and was consciously more careful as I proceeded to quilt it and I think that might have helped. I dunno.

I did have some trouble with all the blocks laying perfectly flat, but overall I think it's not too much of a problem.


Need to clip that little thread there...

1 comment:

Melody Johnson said...

I think it looks PERFECTO!!!! Really ignore the frays, because the impact is tremendous and no one else but you will notice.

Ask $750

I am not kidding.

Blog Archive

Contributors