Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Hits and misses

This is what I worked on all day Tuesday. taken from that youtube video I sent you. The idea is to not have a bump, but even so there is a lttle bit of one...and I don't like the eyelets along the garter edge, but the worst part is the gathers that formed as I progressed. Ugh. I don't feel confident that they will flatten out sufficiently when blocked. Also not confident with my color choices.

 So today I had a new idea of combining the slip stitches with the center eyelet idea of Around the Bend, only  using 5 sts in one instead of 7. Increase at the beg and ending with sl 1, kfb. The eyelet is in every fourth row and I used the rosette cast on to start.


This could be a shawl start or a kerchief shaped cowl...but I forgot to purl the slipped stitches, so this test sample reinforced doing that for the real piece.

I also used our fave rosette cast on for this attempt at a crescent shawl...still has a minor bump but no big holes along the edge. Increases that have to be counted every 6th row, which is annoying so I am also calling this a dud.

PS...sold this beauty today to a previous customer...Yay!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors