Thursday, May 17, 2012

Anthea pattern

I decided that if I challenged you to design your own Anthea, then I should be able to do it too. I found a similar design in my book 400 Knitting Stitches, Potter Craft. It is written in English, meaning that yarn forward is what they mean to be yarn over. The pattern stitch didn't include the bobbles, so I just decided to put them in where they looked approximately correct.

I've included the instructions and got COMPLETELY lost at the double vertical decrease. Yikes!
I think there must be a better way...
Anyway, I figured you had more resources at the store than my two books here, the other being Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns, pub. in 1968, a fine year.
For this tryout I cast on 25 stitches, (maybe should have cast on one more stitch...?) and did a four stitch bobble, which seemed even too fat compared to the original. So I would redo with a three stitch bobble if this were me, which it isn't.  Obviously I stopped dinking at one bobble, since I should be working on my pink tutu cardi.
You can see that the garter hem automatically will ripple, when properly blocked. I think.








Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors